Prohibited Debt Collection Activities Include:
- Calling during irregular hours, such as before 8:00am or after 10:00pm
- Pretending to be a police officer or any other law enforcement official
- Communicating directly with a borrower who has hired an attorney
- Contacting third parties, such as a neighbor or employer to discuss your debt
- Using abusive, profane or obscene language with the borrower
- Excessively frequent phone calls
- Using any manner of deception or misrepresentation in an attempt to collect a debt
- Disclosing information that negatively effects your reputation
- Continuing to contact a borrower after receiving a notice to cease
- Reporting false information to credit reporting agencies
If your creditors are engaging in any of these practices keep records of each communication the creditor has with you. Also, if possible obtain witnesses who can testify and support your allegations of the abusive debt collection practices. Our debt relief attorneys can use this evidence to bolster your case and help end the harassment.
Consult With a Bankruptcy Attorney in the Tampa Bay Area Today
Florida Law Advisers, P.A. is an experienced law firm that takes an aggressive approach to ending creditor harassment. We understand how frustrating abusive debt collection practices can be for a family and we vigorously fight to defend our client’s rights. If your creditors are engaging in any of the types of illegal debt collection practices mentioned above call us for help. We will take immediate action to help end the harassment and protect your rights.