fla-logo-mobile FREE Consultation

Florida Law Advisers, P.A.

Enforcement of a Court Order

A court order is an official decree by a judge that either requires or authorizes a party to take specified action. In divorce cases, a judge will commonly issue a court order with respect to child support, alimony, and child custody, and each party will be legally obligated to comply with the court order. If your ex-spouse has failed to comply with the terms of a court order, you should seek the advice of a family law attorney in the Tampa Bay area.

Child support and alimony payments are the most commonly violated court orders. Violating these court orders could mean the spouse required to pay child support or alimony will pay less than what is required, pay late, or not pay any money at all. This can have a devastating effect on the spouse that depends on and deserves these payments for financial support. Fortunately, in many cases our Tampa family law attorneys are able to establish a wage garnishment against a noncomplying ex-spouse. The wage garnishment automatically deducts the funds you are entitled to receive from your ex-spouse’s paycheck and deposits the funds directly into your account.

If your ex-spouse is not providing their required financial support, you should seek the aid of a Tampa family law attorney at our firm before you take any action. It is never wise for any party to willfully disregard the obligations under a court order in an attempt to retaliate against an ex-spouse’s misconduct. Both parties will remain bound to the court order, even if one party intentionally fails to comply with the terms of the order. Therefore, if an ex-spouse fails to pay child support, their child custody or visitation rights should not be taken away without first obtaining a court order.

Consult With A Tampa Divorce Lawyer About Enforcement of a Court Order

If you have not been given the financial support or child custody you are entitled to by a court order, contact Florida Law Advisers, P.A. for help. Our family law attorneys are experienced and skilled in enforcing all types of family law court orders. We will aggressively defend your rights and fight to resolve the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. We understand these may be stressful times, and our professional legal team will be by your side every step of the way to provide the legal support you need.



Knowledgeable &

FREE Initial

No Nonsense
Case Evaluation

Payment Options



Search Florida
Legal Advice




Blog Posts & News

uncontested divorce

Generally, there are two types of divorces in Florida, uncontested…

rehabilitative alimony

There are many types of alimony (spousal support) available under…

divorce in Florida

For many, filing for divorce in Florida can sometimes be a long…

Get Our Newsletter

Get a Free Consultation

Call, Email or Chat with a licensed attorney today!

Florida Law Advisers, P.A. Proudly Serves the Following Cities & Counties

Cities: Tampa Bay, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Bradenton (Inquire about other cities)

Counties: Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Sarasota, Manatee (Inquire about other cities)

Click Here For

Send Us A Message