Personal injury law allows injured individuals to pursue compensation from those who harm them due to careless actions. Florida Law Advisers, P.A., is here to help. We understand the trauma of getting hurt in an accident because someone else endangers your safety. Let us be your advocates and fight for the justice you deserve.
If someone else’s negligence caused your injuries in an accident, call or contact us online today for a free consultation with an experienced Tampa personal injury lawyer.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Tampa Attorneys Handle
Various accidents and circumstances can lead to someone’s injury. There is no limit to the possible scenarios a person can encounter that could harm them. At Florida Law Advisers, P.A., we represent clients in personal injury cases such as:
- Car Accidents – You must take time to heal after a car crash. That might prevent you from working or caring for your family. As the bills pile up, you feel overwhelmed by the financial implications of your injury. A Tampa personal injury attorney can help hold the negligent party liable.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle accidents can lead to catastrophic injuries, especially those involving other vehicles like cars or trucks. Although vehicle occupants have airbags and seatbelts to protect them, motorcyclists have only a helmet and the clothes they’re wearing.
- Truck Accidents – The force generated by a commercial truck can crush a small car during a collision. The occupants of smaller vehicles often sustain more severe and debilitating injuries than truck drivers.
- DUI Accidents – Alcohol reduces reaction time, impairs judgment, and interferes with other abilities people need to drive safely. If a drunk driver causes a crash, they should be liable for their dangerous behavior.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – A slip-and-fall is one of the most common types of cases in personal injury law. This kind of accident occurs when a property owner or third party responsible for maintaining the premises doesn’t ensure their property is safe for visitors.
- Medical Malpractice – Healthcare professionals must provide a specific standard of care to their patients. Falling short of that standard can lead to injuries or death. If your doctor’s error causes your injury, you can pursue a medical malpractice claim to hold them accountable.
- Construction Accidents – Construction sites are inherently dangerous. Despite taking the necessary safety precautions, construction workers can sustain injuries from a scaffolding collapse, malfunctioning equipment, or falling from heights.
- Wrongful Death Cases – If someone dies due to someone else’s negligence, the personal representative of their estate can pursue a wrongful death claim. The compensation could cover the surviving family’s losses, such as pain and suffering and funeral expenses.
- Maritime and Boating Injuries – Boating is popular in and around Tampa on its many waterways. However, watercraft accidents are common. Seeking action against the at-fault party requires a skilled lawyer who understands boating and maritime laws.
- Bicycle Accidents – A bicycle is an environmentally friendly mode of transportation. However, cyclists are at a high risk of life-threatening injuries when they’re involved in crashes with motor vehicles.
- Uber/Lyft and Rideshare Accidents and Incidents – Although rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft offer convenient and affordable transportation, rideshare drivers can cause accidents. Depending on the circumstances, compensation might be available in a claim with the rideshare company’s insurer.
- Burns – Significant disfigurement, scarring, and permanent injuries can result from burns. They can occur in numerous scenarios, from building fires to car wrecks.
- Workers’ Compensation – You can file a claim with your employer’s workers’ compensation insurer if you get hurt on the job or fall ill because of the job. The benefits you receive should compensate you for your medical expenses and a portion of your lost income.
- Product Liability – A manufacturer or seller might supply the public with a defective product that leads to a consumer’s injury. Defects often occur during the design or manufacturing phase, making products dangerous even when they’re used as intended.
- Nursing Home Abuse – Sometimes, nursing facilities don’t properly vet employees during the hiring process. That can create a safety issue for the residents who trust the staff to provide adequate care and assistance. Older adults are vulnerable to abuse and neglect by those obligated to protect them.
- Mesothelioma and Asbestos Injuries – Mesothelioma, asbestosis, and other diseases can develop from asbestos exposure. Employers, manufacturers, and other companies could be liable for asbestos exposure under certain circumstances.
- Dog Bites – In Florida, a dog’s owner is liable for injuries caused by their dog regardless of the dog’s former viciousness or the owner’s knowledge of their dog’s viciousness. That means a dog bite victim can hold the owner financially responsible for medical bills and other expenses.
- Premises Liability – The owner of public or private property must ensure a safe environment for guests. That means owners are responsible for repairing damage or placing warning signs near potential hazards. Anyone injured due to the owner’s negligence might have a premises liability claim.
- Municipal Liability – If you get hurt on a government entity’s property, you must follow strict deadlines and procedures to recover compensation. The slightest error can lead to a denied or underpaid claim.
How Our Tampa Lawyers Help with Personal Injury Claims
The financial and emotional burden of an unexpected accident can be overwhelming. You should not pursue your case alone. The insurance company wants to avoid paying you. Handling your claim without legal representation can work in the insurer’s favor and prevent you from a fair settlement.
Florida Law Advisers, P.A., will start working on the investigation immediately to obtain valuable evidence, such as witness statements, video surveillance, and accident scene photos. We can communicate with the insurance adjuster and the other parties involved so you don’t risk saying something damaging to your claim.
We’ll negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, and if they won’t offer a reasonable amount, we’ll be prepared to take your case to trial to pursue the money you deserve.
What Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
The value of your personal injury claim depends on multiple factors, including the expenses you incur from the accident and the severity of your injury. Although calculating a monetary value seems easy, you must consider numerous aspects of the claim that affect your financial obligations and future.
One crucial part of determining how much compensation you should receive is your noneconomic losses. Those are intangible losses resulting from your injuries, such as emotional distress, pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life. Calculating an appropriate number is complicated and requires assistance from an experienced personal injury lawyer in Tampa.
What Damages May I Be Entitled to in a Personal Injury Case?
You can recover money in a claim or lawsuit if the evidence proves another party is responsible for your personal injury. The compensation you receive should cover losses such as:
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emergency room visits, prescriptions, and other medical costs
- Lost earnings
- Lost future earnings
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
How Long Do I Have in Florida to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
In Florida, you must comply with the statute of limitations to sue someone for compensation. It allows a two-year timeframe to file a lawsuit against another party. That means you must file suit within two years of the accident date.
What Will My Tampa Accident Lawyer Do for My Case?
Your lawyer can handle many essential tasks while working on your case, including:
- Advising you of your legal options and suggesting a course of action suited to your needs and goals
- Explaining the process and what you can expect during a third-party claim or lawsuit
- Investigating the incident to establish liability
- Obtaining relevant evidence and documentation to prove someone else should be liable for the accident
- Determining the value of your case by reviewing your economic and noneconomic losses
- Consulting experts such as medical providers and accident reconstruction specialists to strengthen your case against the at-fault party
- Filing a lawsuit if necessary and representing you during legal proceedings.
Contact Our Tampa Personal Injury Attorneys Today
You need someone to protect your rights during your personal injury case. Working with an experienced Tampa personal injury attorney can improve your chance of a favorable result.
At Florida Law Advisers, P.A., we can level the playing field by going up against the insurance company on your behalf. With us by your side, those who don’t have your best interests in mind can’t use intimidation or scare tactics to force you into accepting an insignificant settlement offer or denied claim.
When you hire us, we will work hard to hold the negligent party liable and aggressively seek the maximum compensation you deserve. Call us today for a free consultation if you sustained injuries in an accident due to someone else’s negligence.